PRECISE INDOOR POSITIONING AND TRACKING FOR DRONES
Dragonfly, our Visual SLAM (vSLAM) technology, lets you get real-time 3D location of a flying drone, using just the on-board camera.
Indoor Tracking and Positioning for drones is a challenging task, where GPS / GNSS cannot be used.
When operating indoors and in GPS-denied environments, alternative systems must be considered.
Dragonfly can leverage the on-board hardware and work entirely offline. It can work inside known and unknown environments and does not require the deployment of specific hardware.
How does Dragonfly work with Drones?
Dragonfly is a Visual SLAM technology that provides very precise location.
Dragonfly calculates the location using our patented technology, using just the on-board camera. No sensor fusion, no MEMS, no hardware to be deployed on site, no QR codes.
Dragonfly needs to get a 640×480 px video stream from the drone. The camera can be monocular (ideally wide angle) or stereo and it can point towards any direction. The existing camera of the drone can be used, as long as the video stream can be consumed by the Dragonfly software.
Dragonfly can run on board, if there is enough computing power available, or on a server to which the drone streams the video.
- Dragonfly allows to monitor the real time location of the drones from the Accuware dashboard.
- API can be used to integrate the location data into external applications.
- ROS Nodes can be developed by Accuware’s team to ease the integration with ROS.
Are you ready to get started?
- Real-time 3D position (6 DOF).
- Accuracy higher than 5 cm.
- Venue and place recognition and re-location.
- Map shared among different devices.
- Offline version available, no internet connection required.